Sunday, June 27, 2010

Georgia


Several days ago I returned from 33rd World Congress of Vine and Wine that was in Georgia. It were wonderful 4 days and I wish the congress continued longer. In first I have very interesting time, visiting a lot of Georgian winery, testing a score of perfect Georgian wine, and learning ancient Georgian culture. Georgia is very interesting and beautiful country and you should visit it. I will obviously visit it soon as a tourist. In second I got a contacts of a lot of wine makers and wine experts from all the world. All this contacts are treasure for me and another journalists in our editorial staff because comments from this people help us to improve quality of articles for wine magazine. (now I write to two magazines. First one is about trends in Ukrainian alcohol industry and the second one is about quality wine)

But this blog about studying so i will write about that. Surely being in business trip it was impossible to spend a lot of time on preparation to gmat. In first night at hotel I could not get asleep so I solved 30 LSAT questions, making in them 13 mistakes. In next nights I could not get asleep a lot of hours too but I was not able to concentrate on LSAT questions. Being in that conditions, it was better to practice using Grockit but I had bad internet connection, and could not do so. Hence all nights I was not studying but reading the magazines or doing void deals.

Nevertheless congress was very useful for improving my communication skills because it was my first international event. During congress I speak to everyone about anything. Actually I calculated 55 business card in my business card holder, and I can remember every person who gave me a business card and topics about which we spoke. I have a few problems with conversation, but sometimes could not understand some sentences. It was hard for me to understand numbers and it was not easy to understand French people and woman from South Africa. French people speak with terrible accent, and woman from South Africa used a lot of sophisticate words.

Now I tried to return for studying. After relaxing it is not easy to concentrate so I answer to questions very slowly, but result is quite high. Today and tomorrow I will practice grockit questions, and in next days I will do lsat ones.

No comments: